BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 4 February 2007

George A. Romero

I was just taking a quick look at imdb and I realized that it's the birthday of none other than the legendary director George A. Romero! He's 67.
"What's he famous for?" is what you're probably asking. Zombies, baby!
Anyone who knows me in real life knows that I'm an enthusiastic horror movie fan and George A. Romero movies are required viewing for ppl like me.
His most famous movies are the Zombie-series : Night of the living dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Day of the Dead ( 1985 ) and The land of the Dead (2005), where he actually created a new horror movie genre which is....*drumroll plz*..... the Zombie genre (well...obviously!).
The night of the living dead was actually made on a very small budget of about 100,000 $ without any famous actors. The movie was so scary that some ppl actually ran out of the movie theatre. Be still my heart, my heart be still! lol
His movies besides having a generous amount of blood and gore , also had a good deal of underlying social commentary regarding issues like racism and consumerism.
He's now working on another Zombie movie called The Diary of the Dead and he's also working on an adaptation of the Stephen King novel "From a Buick 8" (great book by the way).

Ok, I promise never to use the word Zombie so many times in a post again :D !

4 comments:

Sou said...

I remember those movies!!! Yaaaahhh...ayam zaman ba2a!

Oooh! Another Stephen King adaptation? Oh happy day! :)

spellz said...

sweety, is this the movie we went to together?

that movie of the Zombies who were living outside the city and how they actually made a move to invade the city?

b2ali ya shahy modda 3amala bafteker l movie kan esmo ih w msh adra afteker w kol mara ansa as2alek

Well happy birthday to George A. Romero

Juka said...

I HATE horror flicks, but to each his own.

The Legal Dealer said...

sou: homa men na7yet ayam zaman fa homa ayam zaman...ancient movies..and yay for another stephen king movie indeed! :D

Spellz: yep ya gameel , that was land of the dead.

Juka:A lot of my friends hate 'em too, I try to trick them sometimes into going to a horror flick with me just to see the comedy that unfolds on their faces..MWAHAHAHA.. *cough cough*