BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday 11 November 2007

Social Rehab?



I've never exactly been a social butterfly. Thing is, it's never really bothered me until recently. Well, until my 22nd birthday a few weeks ago to be exact. I was happy with my tight-knit group of friends , happy with others beyond them being almost completely oblivious to my existence and especially happy believing that I didn't have to put energy into trying to charm ( whatever charm I could muster, of course) people I really couldn't care less for .
I mean if you had to logically choose between a ton of acquaintances you barely know and a small group of good friends, you'd choose the latter, right? Well, I've always believed in that idea and I'm starting to believe that I've been enforcing this rule a bit too strictly. I'm getting older and quickly losing the privilege of being able to deal only with people I like and making myself invisible to others. I'm less than a couple of years away from working and the thought of having to deal with a group of people, most of which I probably won't be all chummy with, scares the hell out of me. The idea of having to put myself out there, scares the hell out of me.

Man, growing up sucks...

0 comments: